Katherine Troutman, NP
After earning her nursing degree from Penn and Commission from the Navy, Katherine “Casey” Troutman headed west for four years of service in the Navy Nurse Corps at Balboa Naval Medical Center in San Diego. Honorably discharged in 2007, she moved to Los Angeles and earned her Master’s in Nursing at UCLA. After jobs as a nurse practitioner in primary and urgent care, Casey discovered that dermatology was her true passion. Casey enjoys all aspects of general and cosmetic dermatology, researching, reading, and attending conferences to stay on the forefront of best practices. She continues to grow her knowledge in the ever-changing field of cosmetic injectables, including BOTOX© and dermal fillers. Casey also serves as a mentor for new advanced practice nurses and nursing students seeking counsel and experience.
Casey particularly values educating children and their caregivers on healthy skincare routines, inspiring her to publish an informative children’s book about sun-protective behaviors, Sunny Goes to the Beach (signed copies available for sale at our office)!
Relishes spending time with family and friends, entertaining, travel, theater and the performing arts, outdoor activities, and community involvement.
"I believe in a holistic approach to healthcare; a good practitioner treats the ailment, a great practitioner treats the person."
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree, University of Pennsylvania, Summa Cum Laude, 2003
- Master of Science in Nursing Degree (Neuropsychiatry Subspecialty), University of California Los Angeles, Summa Cum Laude, 2009
- Family Nurse Practitioner (American Nurses Credentialing Center)Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (California Board of Registered Nursing)
- Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps, 1999-2003
- Medical Surgical and Psychology Nurse, U.S.Navy, 2003-2007
Where I Practice
No items found
Newport Beach Support Office
680 Newport Center Dr. STE 150
Newport Beach, CA 92660