Gabriel Porter, NP
Languages I Speak
Gabriel grew up in Northern California before coming down to San Luis Obispo where he attended Cal Poly. When he is out of the office, he is probably doing something outside, with sunscreen on, of course! He enjoys hiking, biking, trail running, basketball, and volleyball- name a sport and he is in! He also enjoys cooking, listening to music (do not let him sing), and enjoying all the wonderful activities the Central Coast has to offer.
Gabriel has always been interested in health and well-being. His interest has expanded into many fields including exercise science, public health, as well as the medical field as a Nurse Practitioner. Throughout his education and career, Gabriel has aimed to understand health and illness through a holistic and multidisciplinary lens. As a result, Gabriel places great importance in fostering trusting and therapeutic relationships with his patients. By doing so he can better understand how to appropriately tailor treatments to fit each person’s lifestyle and meet their health goals.
Gabriel understands skin health is multidimensional impacting not only our physical health but also our social, emotional, and mental health – all of which are important to understand and address. As a provider, Gabriel seeks ways to apply evidence-based practices in a warm and friendly environment to ensure patients feel safe, heard, and cared for.
"Let me help you meet your skin care goals"
- MGH Institute of Health Professions Boston, MA
- Masters of Science in Nursing May 2021
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing August 2019
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology June 2017
- Board Certified Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurse, California State Board of Nursing
- BLS/CPR/AED for the Health Care Provider
- American Heart Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners – Member
- Society of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners – Member
- Dermatology Nurses’ Association – Member
Where I Practice
200 Station Way
Arroyo Grande CA, 93420
West Dermatology Arroyo Grande
200 Station Way
Arroyo Grande CA 93420
Newport Beach Support Office
680 Newport Center Dr. STE 150
Newport Beach, CA 92660