Deborah Atkin, M.D.
Languages I Speak
Deborah H. Atkin, MD completed her dermatology specialty training at the University of Arizona, Tucson, following an internship in internal medicine at Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation in San Diego. Her medical school training was at University of California, Los Angeles where she graduated with honors in surgery and received the UCLA School of Medicine award for Outstanding Community Service for her role in organizing the first student-run medical clinic for the homeless.
Dr. Atkin received her undergraduate education at California State University, Northridge and University of California, Santa Barbara where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics. Dr. Atkin served as a surgical volunteer in South Africa for the African Medical Mission and is an active volunteer for the American Cancer Society and the American Liver Foundation for which she received the 2004 Combined Health Agencies San Diego Volunteer of the Year Award. Dr. Atkin lectures for both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. She has authored a chapter in a cutaneous surgery textbook as well as numerous scientific articles, including topics on hair loss, blistering diseases, laser treatment of hyperpigmentation and photodynamic therapy, and cutaneous growth factors. Dr. Atkin has also been requested as a volunteer attending physician at the San Diego Veteran’s Administration Hospital as well as University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Atkin has lived in Del Mar for most of the last 20 years as she does now with her husband Chris and their children, Nicholas and Lexie. Dr. Atkin and her family continue to volunteer with the American Liver Foundation, organizing their annual Liver Walk held at the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
In her spare time, she enjoys shooting hoops with her son Nicholas, and watching her daughter, Lexie, horseback ride.
- California State University, Northridge – Bachelor of Science, Dietetics (Magna Cum Laude)
- Veterans Administration Medical Center University of California, San Diego
- California State University, Northridge, Dietetics
- UCLA School of Medicine MD graduation, June, 1993
- Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation Internal Medicine Internship
- University of Arizona – Dept. Internal Medicine/Dermatology Dermatology Residency
- American Board of Dermatology
- California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery American Liver Foundation
- San Diego Dermatological Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Dietetic Association
Where I Practice
12865 Pointe Del Mar Way
Del Mar CA, 92014
Dermatology & Laser of Del Mar
12865 Pointe Del Mar Way
Del Mar CA 92014
Newport Beach Support Office
680 Newport Center Dr. STE 150
Newport Beach, CA 92660